Dr. Gurdev Singh Khush Foundation for Advancement of Agricultural Sciences was established in 2010 with the generous donation of 7,00,000 USD (approximately Rs. 3.5 crores by Dr. G. S. Khush.
The main objective of the Foundation is to provide financial support to promote education, research and training in agriculture. These include:
- To provide scholarships to needy and meritorious students of PAU, GADVASU, and other academic institutions, especially those belonging to rural areas of the Punjab State
- To support travel grants for participation of young scientists and post-graduate students in scientific conferences
- To support team award for scientific excellence in transfer of technology to farmers
- To invite prominent scholars for delivering lectures and sharing their knowledge and experience with the faculty and students of PAU and GADVASU
- To support research by providing grants on selected topics